Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
killunix
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 pm   

How can i get the roomvnum according to roomnote's value?

How can i get the roomvnum according to roomnote's value?
thanks
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm   

Tell me if I am understanding you correctly: you want to identify the room in your map which has a specific roomnote, and return the vnum of that room?

This would be done with a %mapquery(). The trick is figuring out what the field name within the dbm file corresponds with the roomnote. It would be something like %mapquery("Notes = 'my note'"), except that it's not Notes. I've tested a couple obvious choices and haven't figured out the right field name. Unfortunately, this is one area in which the documentation has been sorely lacking. Hopefully once 3.xx is finished we will get better documentation of the SQL aspects of the mapper.

Does anyone else know what the field name for the room notes is?
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm   

I believe notes are stored in NoteTbl, as %mapquery() only searches the ObjectTbl (rooms). You'ld have to use a MS ADO in the public version, or because of map changes & additional changes #sqldb, and %sql from the beta.
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: