Play RetroMUD
SRPrice
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:57 am   

[3.14a] Window focus

Just converted from 3.12 beta to 3.14a.

System on WinXP Pro SP3

My layout consists of the following:
1 main window (Window Options selected: automatically bring to front with activity, update main icon w/ status, show session output.)
3 tiled capture windows (Window Options selcted: update main icon w/ status, show session output)
2 tabbed capture windows (Window Options selected: automatically bring to front with activity, update main icon w/ status, show session output.)
1 docked map

Command line options selected: smart command line, activate numlock, word-wrap command line, use threads for command line, macros over-ride menu shortcuts, show clock, 24-hr clock, enable macros in character mode.

In 3.12 the 2 tabbed windows were set to "bring to the front with activity", which worked beautifully. Any time captured data would go to either of these tabbed windows, it would pop to the front w/ no user intervention.

However, now in 3.14a, whenever data is captured to either of the tabbed windows, the data is captured as expected and either of those tabbed windows comes to the front as expected, HOWEVER... now when it brings the tabbed windows to the front, it removes focus from the main mud window and forces me to click on the main window to get my cursor back into the command line, which did not occur in 3.12.

IE, the real problem is that the change of focus prevents you from typing in commands w/o clicking back onto the main window. And this occurs anytime new data is captured into either of the tabbed windows.

I'm not sure which behavior is the expected, but from personal experience and preference, having to constantly click on the main window is quite annoying. I have deselected the "bring to front" for each of the tabbed windows for the time being.

I'm not sure if others have seen this or if there is a workaround for it or if there is a setting i'm overlooking.
FYI...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:51 pm   

Yep, this is a bug in the latest version. The new fixed command line changed a lot of how the keyboard focus is handled. In the old version, the command line was in a dockable toolbar, and I could play some games with how the Windows focus worked. With the new fixed command line, I have to fix a lot of these old kludges, or get rid of them, to get the focus working correctly again. The 3.14a version fixed a couple of these focus issues, but it looks like I missed one regarding the "bring to the front with activity" option.

Added to the bug list for the next version. Don't think there is any workaround though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: