Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 pm   

[3.12] %quote bug?

Hi,

I've tried searching for existing issues with %quote, but havent found one matching my observations, so here goes:

I've got a script that looks at a room's roomname and tries to locate the mapper location - similar to #find.
What I've run into is the following:

Ive got a roomname called "Killergate's home" (stored in @vCurrName)

and when I try to do this:

Code:
#VAR vPossibleRooms  %mapquery(%concat("[Name] = '",%quote( @vCurrName ),"'")) {} AdvancedFind

I don't get any possible room hits - as @vCurrName contains an apostrophe and breaks the mapquery. How can I make sure I dont run into this problem with special characters?

%quote(@vCurrName) does nothing - regardless of how many special characters I put into the variable.

/kg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 pm   

The %quote function will put the current "quote character" (defined in the Special Characters) in front of other CMUD special characters. For example:
Code:
#SHOW %quote("test # hello")

will display
Code:
test ~# hello

because ~ is the default quote character and # is the special character for commands.

A single apostrophe is not a special character in CMUD. The problem you are experiencing is that the apostrophe is a special character for SQL and database filter commands. How you "quote" an apostrophe depends upon the database and filter string syntax. It's been a while since I played with %mapquery, so I forget if you use the \ backslash before the apostrophe, or if you just use a double-apostrophe. But you can handle this using the %replace function:
Code:
%replace(@vCurrName,"'","\'")

or something like that.

I'll probably eventually add some sort of "sqlquote" function to handle this since it will be more needed now with the %sql and #SQLDB scripting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: