Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
basooza

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 am   

Triggers Do Not Fire on first line

I have a trigger which fires off the prompt of a certain MUD. However, this trigger will not fire on the prompt until CMUD receives a new line. For example:

A bald man gets very angry.
[PROMPT]

When the prompt appears after the bald man line, the trigger will not fire. However, once a new line appears, it belatedly fires on the first prompt, but again does not on the newest instance. So when this occurs,

A bald man gets very angry.
[PROMPT]
A bald man shakes his fist at you.
[PROMPT]

. . .my trigger will have fired on the first instance of the prompt, but not on the second, as a new line has not yet appeared. I have no idea what is causing this. I have a trigger which is essentially identical in ZMUD, and I've never observed this problem there. Any help would be appreciated.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:44 am   

Your trigger in CMud is set to trigger on a newline, instead of on prompt ("prompt" means the trigger fires as soon as the pattern is matched).

And, yes, if your trigger in ZMud has the same options flagged as the trigger in CMud then it's doing exactly the same thing. This is something that wasn't changed in the conversion from ZMud to CMud.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 am   

That solved it. Thanks very much for the fast reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: