Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
draguneater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:42 pm   

Verson 3.12 Vs. the new beta version

I just got a sweet new laptop and instantly installed CMUD on it. Since I'm old and senile and have little to no interest in learning to code, I rely on generosity of bright young coders for my rather complex configuration (many complex scripts and map schtuff). In short, I couldn't download v3.14 (which works a treat on my deaktop)... the only option to download today is v3.15something if memory serves. And, alas, all of my lovely scriptage and maps no longer work.

Is there some other place that older beta versions are archived where I can download the v3.14? Alternately, if anyone has an archived 3.14 I'd appreciate it attached to an email to me mullima@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:36 pm   

Try post the question to the Beta forum.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:27 pm   

Do you have the install file for 3.14 on your desktop still? If so, either send it across your network or failing that email it to yourself. You can then download it from your laptop.

There are no official archives of older versions, though Zugg does maintain a private historical list in case he runs into major issues that warrant a legitimate rollback. Many users probably do the same.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:38 pm   

Unfortunately, Beta versions like 3.14 also have a hard-coded expiration date in them. So even if you find a copy, it will suddenly stop working when the internal expiration date occurs. Just setting the date back on your computer won't fix this and will interfere with your normal CMUD license.

The requirement for using Beta Versions is that you are willing to help beta test and that you keep up with the updates and are always running the latest beta version. If you cannot meet these requirements, then you should stick with the Public Version (2.37 at this time).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: