Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Stayven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:02 pm   

cMUD crashing on open

Doesnt even load, when i run the program it just comes up with an error has occured:

Also happens with zMUD and cMUDpro - running Vista 64 bit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(It was set to run as administrator also - no change)
~Stayven.
Liath
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:44 am   

Not 100% sure, but I dunno if z/cMUD are 64-bit compatible. Zugg could be addressing memory in some 32-bit only way...

Does Vista 64 have an option to run a program in 32-bit compatibility mode? If so, try that.

Poor you... Need to upgrade to XP :P (I had vista... and I consider XP an upgrade... even if its older)
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:28 pm   

The issue here is not CMUD or zMUD (which is technically not supported on Vista) but I have run both on Vista 64 bit successfully. I would suggest an uninstall, delete any lingering directories and reinstall.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:29 am   

I'm having the exact same issue, it came about seemingly at random.
I've uninstalled windows updates till before the crashes started.
I've tried system restore
uninstall/reinstall of cmud
so far nothing has worked, it even crashes during install again on the CMUD.exe /regservr part.

I think its either a registry issue or UAC not giving permissions to CMUD to register itself.

really frustrating since I cant find another decent mud client for windows
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 pm   

Be sure when installing CMUD on Windows Vista that you select the %DOCUMENTS% option for the Data Files location question in the installer. Do not install data files into the Program Files directory - that will cause many problems.

Right-clicking CMUD and selecting "Run as Admin" should get around any UAC issues normally, but it really depends upon exactly how the security on your Vista system has been set up.

You might want to try Windows 7 if you can to see if it's any better since these kind of Vista issues can be very frustrating.
Alcander
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:27 pm   

I've been running Zmud and Cmud on my Vista 64 machine for about a week now. Everything seems to be running without any problems. I'll be upgrading to Windows 7 after the Oct 22 release date, but I know that shouldn't be a problem because I was running them on the Beta version without a hitch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: