Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:13 am   

running zMUD from U3

Has anyone had any luck packaging zMUD to run from a U3 portable drive?

I currently run zMUD from an SD card and my iPOD as a hard drive, both of which have to have zMUD installed on the host computer. But one of the problems I run into is that the removable drive must always have the same drive letter as the last time it was used or I have to realign all my files to the new drive letter.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:58 pm   

zMUD, as it is currently designed, can not run on a flash when the drive letter changes. The reason for this is that zMUD makes registry entries indicating various user and program directories that are dependent on the drive letter at the time of install.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 am   

I have no problem running zMUD with no modification from a different drive letter then the installation, I just have to tell it from where to load the profile. But U3 is different then normal removable media, as you can run programs that aren't installed on the host machine from it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:53 pm   

The zMUD (and CMUD) copy protection does not support running from a U3 USB drive. The applications must be installed on the host machine using the Admin account. Sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: