Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Josiah.Bruns
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 pm   

Broken Path can anyone help

can anyone figure out why this path wont work in reverse?

here is the xml
<path name="bedor" id="104">11ej2ejn2ejn2jne2j(open gate)3j4e</path>

it works if i type .11ej2ejn2ejn2jne2j(open gate)3j4e
it works if i type .4w3k(open gate)2kws2ksk2wsk2wk11w (which is the reverse of the above path)

it is assigned to bedor and .bedor works but ..bedor stops after it opens the gate.

w
w
w
w
sw
sw
sw
open gate

i deleted and recreated the path but that didn't work either.

before i found out this way to do paths with the parens and commands, i had created custom direction and one was called g open gate and that was working but then i was reading in the documentation that the way to do it was to put the command in the path in parens.

so i changed a bunch of paths but this doesn't work right. i must be doing somehting wrong.

Last edited by Josiah.Bruns on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:48 pm   

Wow, I'm surprised nobody else has reported this after all of these months. I just did a quick test myself and confirmed that using ..path to walk a path backwards will stop at any embedded command.

You are embedding the "open gate" command correctly. You shouldn't need to assign it to any custom direction.

Anyway, I've added this to the bug list for a future version. Hopefully it will be easy to fix and will show up in the October beta.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:26 pm   

Josiah opened a similar case a few days ago.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 pm   

I'm not sure that is related. The other post didn't talk about using embedded commands (like "open gate"). The other post wasn't very clear on the exact crash or problem that he was having and wasn't something I could reproduce. I'm not seeing any problems with normal directions in a path being reversed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: