Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Deloldor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm   

automapper questions

Been a few years since I played a mud and lost all my maps so trying to recreate them but forgot how to fix a few things with the automapper.

The auto mapper is working however everynow and then when i leave one room and come back to the room i was in, instead of it going right back to the room I was in it does this little bend thing and creates a new room about 10px above the other room. i end up just moving the room ontop of the room it should have been and then just merge the rooms and it's fixed, but would rather not do it all the time since it happens often.

Also when you do a command (give money, say a word) that teleports you to a room how do you enter that into command into the map and make it work when you do a use the speed walk function in the mapper. Every time I have tried so far as failed. It doesn't seem to pick up the command and map automatically when you do these.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 pm   

Quote:

The auto mapper is working however everynow and then when i leave one room and come back to the room i was in, instead of it going right back to the room I was in it does this little bend thing and creates a new room about 10px above the other room. i end up just moving the room ontop of the room it should have been and then just merge the rooms and it's fixed, but would rather not do it all the time since it happens often.

Fix your configuration. Use #TAG/#NOMAP/#NODIR if you have to.

Quote:

Also when you do a command (give money, say a word) that teleports you to a room how do you enter that into command into the map and make it work when you do a use the speed walk function in the mapper. Every time I have tried so far as failed. It doesn't seem to pick up the command and map automatically when you do these.

Two ways. First, you could create a #DIRECTION. It should be relatively easy to set up, but I'm not familiar with the commandline syntax for it so pay attention to the help file. This allows you to include the command in speedwalk strings such as .runtobank or .2n8w36s. Second, forget all about using #DIRECTION and use the MapDir character. The syntax is >command>direction (ie, >give 10 coins tinker>e), and you only have to use it one time. Whenever you go speedwalking through that room, it will send that command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: