Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
acaykath
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:24 am   

How do I have only one command line visible with multiple sessions open?

Okay, I have two sessions open and the second command line appears above the first, how can I make it so I can see only one command line at a time?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:31 am   

You can't do this in CMUD, sorry. In CMUD the command line is tied to a specific session window. Each command line has it's own separate command history, etc. So if you have multiple sessions, you will have multiple command lines (one per session). This was considered the most common way that most people needed CMUD to work for multiple sessions.

There are ways to perform scripting with #ONINPUT and to use the syntax of "session:command" to send commands to other windows from a single command line and then just disable the command line in other sessions. This might work for you depending upon what you needed.
acaykath
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:37 pm   

I don't care that there is two, I just don't want to see both of them at the same time. In the first session I only see its command line, but in the second I se both, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get the second one to cover the first one and I am always afraid that I'll accidentally start sending commands to the wrong session.
eclpmb
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:41 pm   

I occationally get this.

What has happened is that the command line for one of the sessions has become detached from the bottom of the session and attached to the bottom of the window instead.

What i do to fix this is detach the session into a seperate window, drag the errant command line to it till it docks (very fiddly) then recombine the two windows into one tabbed session window.

Rather fiddly, and i'm not sure what i'm doing to detach the command line (i think i catch and drag it one pixel with my mouse) but not a bug, just a docking feature being inadvertantly triggered.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:22 pm   

You can also hold down the SHIFT Key when you click the "Open Offline" action and that should reset the docking system and put the command lines back where they belong.

Once you get a window layout that you like, you can also select the "Lock Layout" option in the Layout menu to prevent any inadvertent docking. I agree that the docking feature can be easily triggered and is too sensitive to small drag/drop mouse movements. It's actually an item that I have submitted to the 3rd party developer's bug system who builds the toolbar docking system that CMUD is using.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: