Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 am   

Simutronics Dragonrealms- XML stream?

Hey guys,

Is anyone here using the XML steam for dragonrealms? I definitely want to learn how to go about doing this. Zugg posted a couple of tips for me in the beta forum, but if anyone has any code snippets or anything they want to pass on, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:28 pm   

There's a post of mine floating around somewhere that shows how to set up the elements. The examples in the post don't actually DO anything, but they all matched so you could use MXP triggers on them. You don't really need to do any of that, though, plain pattern triggers will work just fine. Most of the data in the stream is purely about positioning and updating components or is duplication of material you can far more easily get somewhere else in the stream (or can easily get from the game messaging you see instead of the xml tag info).

As an example, the various vitals gauges (health, fatigue, spirit, and now concentration) have tags for updating them as you get points back. The information in these tags can be up to 2 lines apiece and they all appear at the same time. Each one can be reduced to a plain pattern trigger along the lines of "id=health value=&%dcurrenthealth"
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:36 pm   

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: