Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
aseal81
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm   

Reoccuring Issues with Autologin

Ok so first let me to admit, many of my issues with the autologin features may be due to my own noobness but that being said I absolutely hate this feature and I've absolutely hated it since the first public version of Zmud. Currently, my session containing all my triggers, maps and packages is hosed. Every time it connects to the mud it automatically disconnects because its sending log on credentials to the mud that are incorrect.

I use multiple characters and have tried deleting the autologin triggers and am getting sick of this feature. I can't even begin to count the # of times it has hosed up a session and I've been forced to rebuild the session. I have done far too much work this time to do that and would love some assistance getting this crap removed.

I had login credentials in the "Autologin" tab under sessions. I wasn't happy with only using my setup for one character and want to do it all with one session (There may be reasons to do it other ways but I'm not interested in changing how I do things because frankly it's a pain in the ass) so I removed the credentials and I now see the text saying it will try to autologin using the autologin wizard. I just want to turn this piece of junk because it only causes problems. Could someone help me do that?

Thanks,
Alex
aseal81
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 pm   

I got it fixed, had to find the Event OnLogin and deleted that trigger and all was good. Would it be possible to implement a check box to turn the autologin feature off?

This feature has caused me issues for literally years and I hate it, maybe I'm the only one in which case just ignore me :)
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:05 pm   

Um, there is a checkbox, and has been since zmud...

If you go to your sessions window and edit the session, yu will see a tab for Auto Login. There are two checkboxes there for 'Prompt for password to use this session' and 'Automatically use this name and password to log in'. Autologin does not use an onLogin event...it uses a class named Autolog which is automatically turned on and off during login if the 'Automatically use this name and password' checkbox is marked.

If you had an onLogin event, I think you must have created it yourself. OnLogin is not a standard event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: