Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 pm   

The XML scripting

This is the xml definition of a gauge:

Code:
<button name="c_gauge" type="Gauge" autosize="false" width="200" height="20" inset="true" toolstyle="true" transparent="false" color="#464370" textcolor="white" gaugelowcol="maroon" gaugebackcol="white" priority="2" id="16">

It has more features then the ZScript version. Is there a way to alias a gauge creation like this in a script? I would like to use text color.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:36 pm   

Many of those button attributes cannot be adjusted in a script.

What exactly do you want to do? Change the text color of the guage within a script? Use %btncol().
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 pm   

%btncol will adjust text color. You can also access many of these properties via the Lua scripting interface:
Code:
btn = zs.getbutton("c_gauge")
btn.textcol = 0x0000ff

would change the text color to red (colors are BGR instead of normal RGB). You can see all of the button properties available here: buttons

I noticed in v3.05 that there seems to be a bug that causes a button to disappear when doing the above script, and I've added that to the bug list. Resizing the window seems to bring back the buttons, so I'm not exactly sure what's happening and if there is a way within the script to also cause the button to reappear.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:25 pm   

TY much for the solution, also that you have enabled its access Zugg.

The default color of my gauge when changed by a script to a non standard color also overwrites the text color of the gauge making the text invisible.

I will have to get over my fear of Lua to play with this cool new UI at it's fullest, but even at a glance can appreciate the change.
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 pm   

Zugg wrote:

Code:
btn = zs.getbutton("c_gauge")
btn.textcol = 0x0000ff

I noticed in v3.05 that there seems to be a bug that causes a button to disappear when doing the above script, and I've added that to the bug list. Resizing the window seems to bring back the buttons, so I'm not exactly sure what's happening and if there is a way within the script to also cause the button to reappear.

Still an issue in 3.06.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:32 pm   

Yep, it is still on the bug list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: