Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
taishar77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:56 pm   

Aardwolf Script Problems in zMUD 7.21

I have been attempting to use Atreidess' tracking script with zMUD for the last few weeks or any derivatives for it for cmud and I have the same problem with all of them and that is that the script disables itself. I have tried to check different boxes but it seems like every hour or so I go back into the class and it is no longer enabled and this is being done by itself. I was curious if anyone could have any suggestions why a script would stop being enabled when the client is continuously running. I also tried to disable my security suite to see if maybe it was causing the scripts to not function for some reason and that wasn't it either.

On a side note I am looking for Atreidess' quest capture script, if anyone could be so kind to point me in a direction for it, I have done searches but it pulls up his defunct freeweb website. Thanks!
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:21 am   

Well, asking for specific scripts for a specific MUD is oftentimes better asked on the MUD itself. I'd send you a tell to the link, but it's probably easier for you to finger him and get the answer yourself. ;)

As far as the classes disabling, make sure you have no other triggers that could possibly disable it. Have you tried just using it in a new session? If it does not disable there, then you know you have a trigger disabling something elsewhere. Good luck!

Charneus
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 pm   

You could try a text editor and putting carriage return around all the #class and #T statements in the entire script to see if any are misused, or if a #T- exists at all is it somehow satisfied by an error? Perhaps there is a variable that should have value returning null and changing the logic? Sorry I can't help but if you would like a powerful free editor that I would be happy to recommend one.
taishar77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:19 pm   

Leitia wrote:
You could try a text editor and putting carriage return around all the #class and #T statements in the entire script to see if any are misused, or if a #T- exists at all is it somehow satisfied by an error? Perhaps there is a variable that should have value returning null and changing the logic? Sorry I can't help but if you would like a powerful free editor that I would be happy to recommend one.

I can see about doing that. It's the only script out of all of the ones I use that does this so I am not sure what the cause is. I know others use the script and don't have this problem so it is a bit of an enigma... I will literally go away for a couple hours and come back to the still running script and look under settings where it has all become disabled and it does it on both versions cmud and zmud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: