Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ArjenJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 pm   

Regular freezing

My Cmud [2.37] freezes every now and than for a period like 10 seconds.... this happens not at a specific interval but quite regularly. And is is quite annoying for it gets me into trouble. When it freezes, no new lines from my mud are coming in and I can not type anything in the command line. I was not able to find out what may be causing this myself. If anybody has an idea, please let me know.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:34 am   

It get freezes, but mine are permanent and I have to kill and restart Cmud. Like you I cannot determine why this happens. It happens perhaps once a week, but sometimes will happen as often as twice in one day.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:35 am   

Well there can be a couple of things. First do you have the package editor open? If you're mudding while it's open you can see a significant slow down in CMUD as it tries to update to GUI when your settings get updated. So in general that's not recommended.

Also remember that although CMUD is multi-threaded, lines are processed sequentially so if you have errant triggers that do a lot of processing on a given line you won't be processing other lines until that line is done. Try disabling all your triggers and selectively enabling them until you've identified the culprit.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:04 pm   

You can also open the Script Debugger window and it should tell you what script is running when you get this kind of delay. These kinds of problems are almost always caused by an errant script running in the background.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: