Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 pm   

Mapper decided to make some unwanted changes... CMUD ver3.27

So my mapper (just the little one, not Zmapper) is not following. I tried and reconfigured and looked at every setting 10 ways. One thing I notice is loading rooms takes a LOT longer than it did 2 days ago...

Finally found the problem! Every single exit in every single room in standard directions (n, s, w, up, in, etc) has gone BLANK. named directions (like ENTER coffin) or something are still there and working. Just no directions. they vanished...
Curiously I can #MOVE those direction to manually move the map but exits are none. ALL the links even crossing zones point to the right rooms too.

is there a way to tell it #move e is the same as E?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:42 pm   

Explain what you mean by 'has gone blank'. What has gone blank? Have the links disappeared from the mapper display window? Are they not listed in the room properties window? are the listed but the destination room is missing? Something else entirely?
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:12 pm   

The lines on the map are there - links go to the right places.
When you look at room properties, exits tab, all the exits DIR and DIR FROM (linked room) are blank
every exit DIR in every zone is gone
The mapper wont move unless i #MOVE it which is odd (especially odd when I edit and physically move the room to another spot besides like west for eg YET the #move west will still follow the west link)
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:21 pm   

The exits were created in no specific order. so exit 1 is not e, then se, then s, then sw etc. When I select one of the exits with no name - the map highlights it. still highlights if its an up or west. if theres 8 exits from one room, it knows what direction the exit I pick was - mapper just wont GO that way unless I force it. #walks are dead and wont follow. map doesnt know w or west or anything (except the named enter, out, ins will follow)

Could there be a "directions package" the mapper lost?
calesta
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:29 pm   

I believe others have had issues with the directions package getting screwed up. To check it, open the package editor and select View/Show Default Packages. This should make several new packages show up in the package editor, one of them being English Directions. You should then be able to look and make sure all of the defined directions (u, d, n, e, s, w in the Directions class folder and nw, sw, ne, se in the DirectionsDiag class folder) are still there and that they have the correct values configured (the value field for u by default should be u|up for example).
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm   

THanks. But, they are there. I checked that earlier too.

must have something going on when the mapper loads. It loads something, rooms, then exits, then ready. Loading rooms now takes half a minute to a minute and well exits is BAM done.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 am   

I loaded the database in another mud. all exits are fine. Does this mean it's a package issue now?
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:57 am   

ok now saved the map database under another name. loaded and its all fine.
fixed?

I tried to then re-write over the old file and got a message : cannot write over a closed file

?
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:15 am   

Crashed a few times. Restarted my computer and loaded the new saved renamed map. Everything is fine and dandy again (*hopes*)

Though strangely the old map was the default initiated by other packages...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: