Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Suzetta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 pm   

Corrupt/empty packages?

I had been trying to get a simple trigger to work, which matched on the test pattern but was failing to match on the same text in the mud (this may not be relevant...)
I decided to try quitting out of CMUD 2.37 and coming back in in case that helped, and on exit I got an error (which I believe said -1). When I re-started, none of my packages will appear - the package editor is empty, even if I try to load one from a mud session I haven't used in weeks (and which is an old .mud file from using zmud in the past)

Any way of fixing broken packages, if that is what the problem is? The automapper is still loading maps ok.
Suzetta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 pm   

Hmmm downloaded the beta, loaded the packages into that, saved them and they now work in 2.37 again *phew*

Might go back to zmud though.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:07 am   

What version of Windows are you using? We'd need to know the exact error message that you got to help more.
Suzetta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 am   more on the problems...

Unfortunately, that error message was rather less inclined to stay around than most... if it happens again I will take more details.

Windows Xp Pro SP3

I subsequently lost my command line when I started CMUD back up. I seem to have managed to get that back, but I don't have any access to any of the settings anymore when I load the package editor - it just gives a blank screen. I had managed to cure that briefly, by loading the .pkg file into the beta, saving it and then reloading it in 2.37, but that is when I lost the command line. Now, it seems that I cannot have access to any of the classes whether in 2.37 or the beta, and whether I uninstall them and reinstall them or not. No triggers... not all that useful.

I give in for tonight.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 am   

When you install CMUD on WinXP Sp3, be sure and select the default file locations. The program files should be in "Program Files/CMUD" and the Data Files should be in %DOCUMENTS% (defaults to your user/My Documents/My Games/CMUD directory). Make sure you didn't put your Data files into the Program Files area. WinXP Sp3 apparently enables the same restrictions about writing to the Program Files area as Vista does, and that can cause a problem with CMUD (or any other software) that tries writing to Program Files from a non Admin account.

So it might be worth just deleting everything and reinstalling to those default file locations if you did anything different during the install.

If you lost your command line, then your window layout is corrupted. You can fix that by holding down the SHIFT key and clicking the Open Offline action for your session. But if CMUD is installed to the wrong directory and cannot write it's data files, then that won't help.

Also, you mentioned zMUD...did you try to import scripts from zMUD and did you install CMUD into the same directory as zMUD? If so, that can cause problems. Make sure you install CMUD into it's own directory as I described above and then use the File/Import command in the Session window to import your zMUD settings and then run the Compatibility report to look for conversion issues. Running bad scripts from zMUD can also cause various problems in CMUD that can get worse and worse if not fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: