Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
TerryG
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:08 pm   

So need help with my File.

Without having zmud installed I was able to install a zmud file. I don't know how I did it but I did. I have some things on my file that are not working anymore. It did when I had zmud. I don't know what is wrong. I'll place all I have and see if anyone can help me out.

Status bar items I have is : Lifeforce Barkskin HP/SP Target RingUses
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lifeforce: Variable; Name lifeforce no value.

Trigger: Pattern: Grim Death's visage appears briefly in your mind. #var Lifeforce OFF

Trigger: Pattern You wave your hands about in a series of complex gestures. #var lifeforce ON
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barkskin Trigger: Pattern Your skin softens and slowly returns to normal. #co 79
#var barkskin OFF

Barkskin: Trigger: Pattern: You breathe a faint incantation and feel nature weave its forces about you. #var barkskin ON Variable: Name: barkskin Value OFF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
266/266 186/186

Variables: Name chp value 266
Name csp Value 186
Name hp Value 274
Name mhp Value 266
Name msp Value 186
Name sp Value 170

Trigger: Pattern <&hp/&sp> #color white

Trigger: Pattern You have %d/%dhp, and %d/%dsp
#var chp %1;#var mhp %2;#var csp %3;#var msp %4;#gag
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RingUses

Aliases:
Name: recall
~recall; #RECALL

Aliases:
Name: rreset
#var rcount 5

Variables:
Name: rcount
Value 5

Trigger Pattern: The Golden Ring feels warmer on your finger. #var rcount @rcount +1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status Bar: Lifeforce Barkskin @chp/@mhp @csp/@msp Target-@target Ring Uses Left-@rcount

Ok with the ring uses I wear a golden ring, if I type renew the ring is used one out of a total of 5 times. I want this ring to count down so I know what ring use I'm on. When it worked before I had to type rreset to rest the ring back to 5 because it wouldn't count up when the ring healed. The text I see when the ring heals is "Your golden ring feels warmer on your finger"

The lifeforce and Barkskin is basically when I type lifeforce or barksking it will show on the status bar that it's ON, and when it goes off, it shows off.

The hp/sp should show what the exact value is when I type sc for score in the game.

One last question I have. Lets say I want to alias a few movements but I want it to go slower then it should. I do I get my walking to move slower if I alias it. Example lets say I want to go, e, w, e, ne, nw, s, n. I want at least a second delay between the moves.

Thanks for your help as you can see I'm not good at this stuff.
calesta
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 pm   

I don't see anywhere in there where you subtract 1from rcount... so what is supposed to make it count down? Is renew an alias that is supposed to be subtracting one from the rcount variable?

The trigger pattern for when the ring heals starts with 'The Golden Ring' but your text description says the message you see is 'Your golden ring'. Also, it looks like there are spaces around the + where you attempt to add 1. Either remove the spaces, or use the new CMUD syntax
Code:
rcount = @rcount + 1

As far as the delay between directions, if you use a speedwalk inside an alias, you could do something like
Code:
#call %pref(SendDelay,1000)
.ewe2n
#call %pref(SendDelay,0)

The send delay preference is under the scripting preferences. This code introduces a delay of 1 second between each direction while the alias is processing and then sets it back to no delay at all. If you wanted it on all the time, you could just set that preference through the GUI, but I imagine you don't want it delaying speedwalks all the time. Not sure if this is the best way to do it or not, but it works for me.

I don't understand what else you are saying is not working. Is none of the stuff on the status bar getting filled in correctly or just parts of it?

Also, when posting your settings, with CMUD you can just right click on the settings you want to copy, select copy, and paste them directly into posts (ideally inside code blocks). This will paste the XML versions of the settings so people can see all of the properties that are configured easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: