Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Morcelu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 am   

XML importing

Ok, I am completly lost, and yea CMud help files...leave something to be desired compared to the zmud help files I've been working on a database and alias combination for the past week

I want to be able to do my alias - <alias name="De">
<value>deadeyes @tar %db(@deadeyes,%1)%db(@deadeyes,%2)</value>
</alias>
</class>
that will work from my data base which currently looks like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
<var name="deadeyes" sorted="true"copy="yes">caw=cowardice|amn=amnesia|stu=stupidity|vert=vertigo|ble=bleed|confu=confusi
on|ano=anorexia|para=paralyse|maso=masochism|dem=dementia|pea=peace|ago=agorapho
bia|ml=manaleech|impat=impatience|rek=reckless|plag=plague|diz=dizzy|ast=asthma|
add=addiction|fe=fear|bl=blind|br=breach|sens=sensitivity|vomi=vomiting
|epi=epilepsy|clu=clumsy|sle=sleep|clau=claustrophobia</var>
</cmud>

I am currently unable to import that variable into Cmud, because when I tried looking for help on importing I could not find any information at all...so how do I import xml, how do I get my alias to work, I want to be able to do de *target* amn stu should do deadeyes amensia stupid but so far it either does deadeyes *target* everything in the variable or deadeyes *target* nothing

so any help at all would be Great because yea I could write this simple script in zmud no problem,but in cmud can't get anything to work
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:15 am   

Copy the section in the code tags below. Open the Package Editor, right-click in the tree and select paste from the context menu.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <alias name="De" copy="yes">
    <value>#LOCAL $A,$B
#IF ((%numparam=3)||(%iskey(@deadeyes,%1)=0)) {
 tar=%1
 $A=%db(@deadeyes,%2)
 $B=%db(@deadeyes,%3)
} {
 $B=%db(@deadeyes,%2)
 $A=%db(@deadeyes,%1)
}
#IF ($B="") {$B=%item(%dbvalues(@deadeyes),%random(1,%numkeys(@deadeyes)))}
#IF ($A="") {$A=%item(%dbvalues(@deadeyes),%random(1,%numkeys(@deadeyes)))}
#SEND {deadeyes @tar $A $B}</value>
  </alias>
  <var name="deadeyes" type="Record" sorted="true" copy="yes">add=addiction|ago=agoraphobia|amn=amnesia|ano=anorexia|ast=asthma|bl=blind|ble=bleed|br=breach|caw=cowardice|clau=claustrophobia|clu=clumsy|confu=confusion|dem=dementia|diz=dizzy|epi=epilepsy|fe=fear|impat=impatience|maso=masochism|ml=manaleech|para=paralyse|pea=peace|plag=plague|rek=reckless|sens=sensitivity|sle=sleep|stu=stupidity|vert=vertigo|vomi=vomiting</var>
</cmud>
I would suggest getting rid of any matching settings first, but you could do it afterwards. I added a few things to the alias so that it will randomly select afflictions if you are in a rush. It allows you to type in quite a wide range of combinations including using 'de NewTarget' to tag them with 2 randoms. I would also suggest setting the Use Default on your "tar" variable for a small speed gain.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:27 am   

Incidentally, you'll probably find it much easier to use the %begins function than a static database variable like that. Using %begins will allow you to leave off whatever letters you like, as long as the name's unique. You could either code the list in:

Code:
<func name="DeadEyeLongName">
  <value>#switch (%begins("cowardice",%1)) {#return "cowardice"}
  (%begins("amnesia",%1)) {#return "amnesia"}
  ...etc...
  (%begins("claustrophobia",%1)) {#return "claustrophobia"}
  {#return "invalid"}</value>
</func>

Or you could use a variable to store a list of afflictions:

Code:
<var name="DeadEyeList" type="StringList">cowardice|amnesia|...etc...|claustrophobia</var>
<func name="DeadEyeLongName">
  <value>#forall @DeadEyeList {#if %begins(%i,%1) {#return %i}};#return "invalid"</value>
</func>

Then your alias becomes:

deadeyes @tar @DeadEyeLongName(%1) @DeadEyeLongName(%2)

And your short names can be any unique string, so you don't need to remember which ones have three- and which have four-letter abbreviations, for example. I find it much better, anyway.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Morcelu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:27 pm   

Thanks for all the help guys, sorry haven't had a chance to get on the internet past couple of days, thank you though, I'll get to work on this right away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: