Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
calesta
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 am   

Help System Problem

I am having trouble using the help buttons supplied on the dialog boxes (the databases and preferences dialogs to name a couple). When I click the button, the help system is launched successfully. However, I then get an error saying that the topic can't be found (Cannot find help topic: Introduction_to_the_Database) and I'm just left at the main CMUD Manual page. I have tried the Get Updates button several times as the error dialog suggests and it says I have the latest help files.

I eventually find what I'm looking for through search anyway, but is this a problem with my installation?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:34 pm   

Post the exact pages where the Help button isn't working. Each dialog has a help topic index and it's possible that some dialogs are pointing to help topics that do not exist or that have moved or changed help id numbers.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:23 pm   

I would also make sure you've updated the help system so you have the latest information for all entries.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:04 am   

Here is the list of ones that I just went through real quick... I haven't found any that work so far which is why I was wondering if this might be a problem with my installation instead of the help system. I tried Get Updates again tonight before I created this list.

The database dialog help button has an error linking to the 'Introduction_to_the_Database' topic.
The user interface preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1001' topic.
The sessions preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1002' topic.
The scripting preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1003' topic.
The network preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1004' topic.
The styles preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1005' topic.
The ANSI color preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1006' topic.
The Sounds preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1007' topic.
The MSP preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1008' topic.
The MXP preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1009' topic.
The Simutronics preferences dialog help button has an error linking to the '1010' topic.
The editor ? help button has an error linking to the '0' topic.
calesta
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 pm   

I installed this on another one of my computers and still see the same issue, so guess its not an install problem. Another one to add to the list:

The Timer Settings dialog help button has an error linking to the 'Timer' topic.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:37 pm   

Thanks, I'll add this to the bug list. The Database one doesn't surprise me since the Database was directly ported from zMUD and doesn't know anything about the new CMUD help system. Most of the rest look like a problem with the Preferences dialog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: