Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
marcis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 pm   

Zmud Proxy?

Alright so here is the deal. I play a few different muds. i play one imparticular that wont let the same ip come thro. so lets say if im on it wont let my roomate log on. we would both like to play at the same time. This is prety annoying considering this is our main mud and im sick of saying hey man its your turn. So is their a way zmud can proxy me or i can log in the mud under a different ip? i dont want to go thro the whole calling my ISP and getting a static ip. Just not worth it. so is their a way we can both play and it shows us as different ips? that would be nice. anyway let me know. Thanks fellers
and girl types
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:48 pm   

Contact your MUD admins and explain the situation and hopefully they won't mind - if they do, move to a MUD with admins who aren't so tight :P

This is possible, but no matter which way you do it, you'll get more lag, which is a bad thing. The easiest way with zMUD would probably be to use tunnelling through putty - there's a thread on the forums about it with a detailed guide. The search option is on the Site tab.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
marcis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:00 pm   

Aye, ive talked to them. even had them call me to talk to both of us to make sure we were not multiplaying. Still they said sorry to bad. Its annoying. but can you link me to that thread? im serching but cannot find.
thanks dude
marcis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:05 pm   

A guide would be nice. i've look at other proxy threads on here and they get no help. i don't expect to but i dont multiplay and i couldnt if i tryed. Fast paced muds=horrid to try and multiplay on
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:26 pm   

marcis wrote:
Aye, ive talked to them. even had them call me to talk to both of us to make sure we were not multiplaying. Still they said sorry to bad. Its annoying. but can you link me to that thread? im serching but cannot find.
thanks dude

If they have that policy then they probably also know about proxies. Realize if you get caught you might be banned from the game, depending on its rules and mood of the administrators. I agree with Fang that you should probably look for another MUD.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:02 am   

The PuTTy option requires a UNIX/Linux shell account with ssh login at a remote location.

Most of the FREE accounts of this type do not allow outgoing connections. So you'd probably have to pay.

Proxies are iffy too. Most of them are illegal (installed via trojan horses so hackers can use your IP to work from) if you find them on a "free" proxy list.

So... best bet? Find another MUD as everyone else says!

(Or you can pay me $5/mo for access to my private proxy :P)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: