Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:43 am   

One-time $20 CMUD Sale for existing zMUD customers

Get CMUD for just $20 during the month of December if you already own zMUD!
-----
Are you still using zMUD? To celebrate the two-year anniversary of CMUD, and to help combat the horrible economy, existing zMUD customers can now buy CMUD for only $20! That's a 40% discount on the normal $34.95 retail price. This sale will end on Dec 31st, 2008, so you only have one month to take advantage of this huge savings!

Why are you still using zMUD? zMUD is not supported on Vista, or future versions of Windows, and most new computers are shipping with Vista these days. CMUD has full Vista support, a more robust database architecture to prevent corrupted settings, more modern and advanced multi-threaded compiled scripting engine, an advanced script editor (based upon the same core used in NotePad++), fully-integrated Lua scripting, and much more. Zugg Software has been creating MUD clients for over 12 years, and CMUD builds upon that experience as well as the suggestions and feedback from tens of thousands of users. If you haven't tried CMUD lately, you really owe it to yourself to give it a try. Those of us who use CMUD regularly would never go back to using zMUD now.

Worried that your existing zMUD scripts won't work in CMUD? CMUD is highly compatible with zMUD scripts, and contains a Compatibility Report that can be used to identify and fix potential problems in your old scripts. Most zMUD scripts will work fine without any changes. Most changes will fix problems that you probably had in getting zMUD to work the way you expected it to work in the first place. Optional changes to your scripts, such as using local variables, can give your scripts a huge speed boost. To compare CMUD with zMUD and see what new features are available, go to http://www.zuggsoft.com/cmud and click the Compare link.

Is Stability important to you? The latest public CMUD release, 2.37, is not only more stable than zMud but also has extra protection against the causes of data loss that users have reported in the past. In zMUD, a simple crash can cause your settings files to become corrupted and your scripts to be lost. CMUD uses a database transaction architecture to prevent corrupted settings and to prevent data loss. CMUD traps crashes caused by bad scripts and prevents them from crashing the entire application. Some people think CMUD is unstable because I have released over 70 updates during the past 2-1/2 years. That doesn't indicate that CMUD is unstable; it shows my dedication in fixing reported problems as quickly as possible and responding quickly to requests for new features from my customers.

To buy CMUD using this discount, you must log into the Zugg Software store at https://www.zuggsoft.com/store using your email address and password. If you have forgotten your store password, use the Recover Password link on that page. Once you are logged into your account, then you can add CMUD to your shopping cart and the discount will be shown automatically if your account contains a past zMUD purchase. Do not Check Out unless the correct amount is shown. Note that you will not get the discount if you have already used your zMUD order for any discounts in the past. If you have any trouble with the discount, please email us at support@zuggsoft.com.

If you've gotten away from MUDding and have been lured into playing all of the latest graphical MMOs, I encourage you to give MUDs a try again sometime. There are a lot to choose from, and there are still some very active and fun MUDs out there. It's a bit difficult at first remembering how to type instead of just clicking on icons. But once you learn how to use CMUD and start creating some aliases, triggers, macros, buttons and speedwalks to help out, then it starts getting more fun. I had forgotten how fast and furious combat can be on a text-based MUD. I actually find it more interesting and fun than the standard "grinding" that most MMOs degenerate into. Of course, I haven't canceled any of my MMO accounts. They can still be fun sometimes, and I do have some friends on those games that I like to stay in touch with. So I'll just add MUDs to the list of games that I regularly play and treat MUDs as a different gaming experience, rather than a competitor. Why choose between MUDs and MMOs when you can play both?

Thanks for your support. Please help keep MUDding alive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: