Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:46 pm   

About the new SlightlyMorbid web service

(I posted this over in the CMUD forum and decided that zMUD users should be interested in it too)

As mentioned in the announcement on our home page (go to www.zuggsoft.com and click on the news article on the top-right), I have finally released our new "secret" project that took me away from the CMUD mapper for a month.

The new site is www.SlightlyMorbid.com. It's a web service for notifying your online friends if something bad happens to you. You store the email addresses of your online friends, and then give a trusted 3rd party access to your account to allow them to send an email message to these friends if something bad happens. For more details, read the information on the main page of www.slightlymorbid.com or read the FAQ for details.

Even though this topic is a bit uncomfortable for some people, as I've gotten older I've thought more about this. And when I learned that nobody else had created a service like this, I decided that I *had* to do it myself. Chiara and I wanted this service ourselves to notify all of our online friends in the case of a tragedy. And as I talked with our friends I learned that they all wanted this service too.

I've tried to keep the price of this service really low, with a variety of different account levels. However, to reward all of my long-time Zuggsoft customers, I'm offering a limited-time discount of 10%. To get this discount, you need to enter the promotional code of "zuggsoftdeal" in the Promotion Code field on the account payment page (without the quotes...must be lowercase). After entering your account info and this promotional code and then click the Next button, you should see the discount reflected in the shopping cart.

Feel free to tell your friends about this service, and feel free to mention this discount code. It will only be active for the first few weeks of the site, so take advantage of it soon.

For those who are worried about CMUD and the mapper, don't be. The reason I took a month to create this new service is because it was relatively easy (compared to writing CMUD for example), and once the site is running well, it won't take a lot of my time. Chiara will be in charge of most of the customer service aspects of the site. CMUD is still my passion and I plan to get back to the cool new mapper stuff as soon as possible.

If you want to discuss this new service, or report bugs, suggestions, etc, I have created a new discussion forum: SlightlyMorbid Discussion Forum. Please go there and create a new topic for discussion.

And tell your friends!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: