Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
theblackpanther

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:31 pm   

Rogue menu items

using zmud 7.21, windows xp home sp2

the triggers/buttons menu seems extremely unstable, when i try to open it, it flashes a couple times before finally appearing... I remember in older versions this used to be a non-issue, something in the new setup eats up processing or RAM terribly... or at least that's what it seems like...

but that's not my actual problem.... When i right click in the mud window, and select 'edit menu' so i can create a right-click menu in the mud window... there are blank spaces in the menu, as though there were supposed to be menu items.

They appeared when i created a menu item, but didn't complete filling out the information in the editor window before closing it. and now i can't find any way to remove them. They aren't listed under any of the class folders, they only exist as blank spaces IN the menu

I'll re-explain so someone can re-create the problem, hopefully...
right click in the mud window, select edit menu, click new, close the editor window.... viola, you now have a ghost/rogue menu item that you can-not delete... (it seems you can create an indefinite number of these)

If someone could help me with this, that'd be great, i really don't want to have to erase the entire script and start over just because of some random blank lines...
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 am   

Following your example I can't get the blank menu items, in fact I see them get deleted as I close the settings editor.

You more than likely have some corruption in your settings file. Do you ever get crashes when you close your session?
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 am   

I've had the same issue at times with buttons, but they go away once you close zmud and reopen it.

I also cannot duplicate this. I would export your scripts, character and its settings file from zmud, then re-import your scripts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:49 am   

no, had no problems with crashes at all - I see them deleted from the edit menu when i close it as well, but still had the blank when right clicking.

and the export/import worked! Thanks a lot to those who responded, very much appreciated!! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: