Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vunutus

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:38 am   

How do I make substituted text trigger the mapper?

I'm trying to configure the automapper for medievia. As you may or may not know, when you have med's in-game map turned on, the room name is presented like this:

ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´Trelawney Road, at the Main GateÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ

The gibberish turns into lines when you use Medievia's font. I wrote a trigger to strip the lines out and only display the room names:

À*´&{MapperRoomName}Ã*Ù

#SUB {%ansi(high,yellow)@MapperRoomName}
#NOMAP

The problem with this, however, is that the mapper fails to detect text placed by substitutions whether or not #NOMAP is there. Is there any way to work around this?

Also, has anyone gotten the automapper successfully configured for Medievia with the zone map on, or do I have to turn it off?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:48 am   

Use the #tag command to tell it what a room name is.

#regex {ÀÄ+´([^Ã]+)ÃÄ+Ù} {#sub %1;#tag %1 name}

It should actually be really easy to make a set of triggers that matches this, because the beginning and end of the room name is so obvious - hopefully it's the same for the exits. If you give us some full rooms we can have a go. I haven't actually tried using regexes with non-alphabetical characters before, so this might not work. I've tested it briefly and couldn't get it to fail, but ymmv.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: