Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 pm   

Installation problem zmud

I reinstalled zMUD on my laptop after the laptop crashed and I had to reinstall all of my software. when it loads I get a message that says index out of bounds (0) I have reinstalled it several times with the same results none of the icons show up on the page. Anyone know whats wrong?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 pm   

Rename the chardb.mdb, chardb.db, mudlist.mdb and mudlist.db in you zMud installation folder. One or more of the 4 of them is damaged in some way. You may only have the 2 .db versions if you haven't used zMud that long. If you have used zMud long enough to have all 4 files around try renaming only the .db ones first. I would also suggest trying to do them 1 at at a time, launch zMud each time. This may save you recreating all of your sessions.

The chardb.*db holds your character information, which includes which settings go with each sessions, character names, and passwords. A blank version of this file will be created by zMud. If the .mdb is present then it will be converted to a .db for usage.

The mudlist.*db holds the information about what muds are out there. zMud will recreate this file from the .txt file if you have one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: