Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
daemoan
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:41 am   

Send Command Halt????

If I've Just Spammed 20 or so commands.......
and it so happens I get attacked... is there a #command?
I can use to cancel all commands sent out, prior to the engagment? or have they already left and out of reach?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:29 pm   

They are already out on the wire and are out of reach...
daemoan
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:36 pm   Update!!!

Question tho... is there a way to make your command string pop one command at a time and not all at once...
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm   

well, there are many of them. One is even built in. I'm not sure if it does exactly what you want so you should try it.

Preferences, script parser, send line delay
I always leave mine on 0 but setting it to a higher number might help here.

Otherwise you could build a queue that fills with all of your commands and pops them off the list as they are sent via an alarm. To cease sending your commands you could then make an alias or macro that sets the variable to %null.

Code:
#CLASS {AddDelay}
#ALIAS Abort {commands=%null}
#VAR commands {}
#ALARM "cdelay" {1} {#if (%null( @commands)) {#T- cdelay} {#exec "%pop(commands)"}} "" {notrig|disable}
#ONINPUT {(*)} {
  #gag
  #if (%null( @commands)) {commands="%1"} {commands=%additem( "%1", @commands)}
  #if (%trigger( cdelay)==0) {#T+ cdelay}
  } "" {notrig}
#CLASS 0

It is possible that this could have some negative effect on some of your scripts but I don't think it will happen. Just keep this caution in mind if funny things start happening to look here first.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:23 pm   

Note that the Alarm is set to 1 second. If you want a shorter delay then you would set it to .5 [sorry but in zmud .5 is as short as it gets], for longer then set it to 1.5 2 2.5 etc.
daemoan
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:14 pm   

Another Question......

is there a what load 3 windows at once, tabbed? so like I can just click my game icon and it will load my tells and chats windows too?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:32 pm   

You should always place new questions that are unrelated to the original question in a new thread.

But yes there is. Open the windows that you want to have open when you open your session.
Then click layout then click save layout.
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:01 pm   Re: Send Command Halt????

daemoan wrote:
I can use to cancel all commands sent out, prior to the engagment? or have they already left and out of reach?

It is not up to zMUD, check your MUD commands list, may be there is a command to cancel all pending commands already received by MUD. For example, the MUD I'm playing interpret "!" (exclamation mark) as the command that cancels all not executed commands in the queue. There are not so much MUDs which implement such a feature though...
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:45 pm   

Yes, nice though, I have don’t have that on my mud which seems to go to lengths to make you not spam. Since burrowing my nose in settings I find the pending que is a real problem, as are trigger variables that won't happen till after the script is finished. I think I have learned dozens of commands and functions just because I can't control what is happening there, only here.

Anyway popping a string?
Abandoned for %item(string,1)?
Abandoned for %item(string,1) and %db(@NotYet,%item(string,1))?

… in a never ending search for control

I am not really being helpful but at least the cool thing is not being able to do it all, how many god powered magi lie folded in predictable CDs?

(I was not trying to be critical of previous posts, just musing about the lengths I have personally gone to not stare helplessly at the screen with my palms up those two very long seconds)
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:56 am   

Arminas wrote:
You should always place new questions that are unrelated to the original question in a new thread.

I'm not sure where people get this from. It doesn't make the information any harder to find with the forum search feature, and I'd get annoyed if the same person posted 50 threads each with simple but separate questions.

It's important to post separate bug reports in separate threads, so that when Zugg adds a link to the thread to his bug tracking system, he can come back to the thread and immediately know why it was in the database. Questions, however, are fine.

@Leitia - you can use the %pop function to return and remove the first item of a stringlist.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:09 am   

Fang have you forgotten progonoi's horrid first posts? I had to answer the same questions, some at least five times because people would not read through all of the info.

As for using the search feature. If I KNOW what I am looking for and I use the Advanced search and the correct words Maybe I will find the solution I already knew was there.

Besides that the threads get harder to understand if multiple people are answering different questions throughout the thread. Especially if the person who is asking the question is not a very good scripter and doesn't know what the code is supposed to do.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:39 am   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
@Leitia - you can use the %pop function to return and remove the first item of a stringlist.

Yes sir, love when I can. %Pop is the cutest function I think.

I found sometimes with timing, circumstances dictated having some recorded point of what failed when, but those got lost in the %pop deletion. I would rather not be in so deep I need to %delnitem my plans, but the mud doesn't let me %pop much and knowing what-when let's me tangent Smile

well tangent isn't really a verb, but to me it is, and delnitem is my way of saying things are not going well
Progonoi
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:49 am   

They weren't that bad, though. Sometimes I get nostalgic and read some of them. Makes me appreciate the progress even more Wink

Prog

--------------------------------
Intel Core i5-650 3,2GHz
4 DD3 RAM
GTX 460 768MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64x
--------------------------------
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:00 am   

Quote:

sorry but in zmud .5 is as short as it gets

Actually, in ZMud the minimum interval is .501. Very annoying to forget, because .5 does NOT work at all.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:04 am   

Doh! And I'm the one that originally pointed it out. Thanks Matt Laughing
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:36 am   

clarity, I thought it was me, millisecond, second, now, ok, half a second has got to be .5? nope, is half a second .05? nope, I feel so much better having a rule.

I see it is surrounded with decimals -- .501. that has got to be it!

need to sleep, I am especially silly when I am tired
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:38 pm   

.501 is a number - 501ms. The second decimal point was actually a full stop at the end of Matt's sentence. The point is that alarm timers are in seconds and the shortest amount of time it can measure is a millisecond. Since the timer has to be greater than .5, it's .501. And that one was a full stop too.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: