Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:04 pm   

Close All does not save session layout

I think I know one problem some have reported about layouts not being saved. I always use File|Close All instead of File|Close Session. It appears that the layout is not saved when doing this.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:48 pm   

If you have multiple sessions loaded, then layouts are never saved. This is because there is only a single Window Docking tree structure in memory and if you have windows from multiple sessions docked to each other, then saving a layout would create a layout dependent upon both sessions. There is no way to split the layout into a separate tree of windows for each session because they might be docked together.

The only way to save a layout of multiple sessions is to use the File/Save Session As to create a 3rd session that will automatically load the other two and will have a saved layout for it.

For example, open Session A, then open Session B. Dock the window for Session A on the left and the window for Session B on the right. Now select File/Save Session As and save it to Session C, then close CMUD. When you restart, you will see a new session icon for Session C. When you load this session, it will load the window for Session A on the left and Session B on the right just like you saved, and will connect to both sessions.

But without creating Session C, the docked layout of Session A and Session B would not normally be saved because CMUD doesn't want to mess up your saved layouts for the individual sessions.

I don't know if this is the problem you are seeing or not, but usually people are only using "Close All" when they have multiple sessions opened. But let me know if you are still seeing a problem using Close All even with just a single session.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:07 pm   

I only have one session loaded at at time, with multiple windows. I started using Close All because a couple times when I used Close Session it didn't close all the windows, even with a single session. That doesn't seem to be a problem now, so I'll go back to using Close Session. But it does look like Close All does not save a layout even with a single session.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: