Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:14 am   

[2.18 Pro] Changing character/password for a copied session changes both

I copied the Lusternia session icon and pasted it, so I could edit the second copy for a second character. I found, however, that if I change the character's name or password on one, it changes on the other session, too. Seems they're linked and sharing a database record or something.
Bluebear
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:34 am   

I have found the same. I wonder if its related to the fact that I cant multisession from two pasted sessions? as per my post a few posts back.
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 pm   

If you copy the session icon and paste it.
Then edit session.
You'll notice the package file for both sessions are the same, so whichever saves last overwrites.
If you wanted to make a second session that starts with a COPY of the original settings.
Go to File->Save Session As Then save the session with a different ID.
It should create a seperate folder with a seperate copy ie different pkg file.
If you wanted to keep the same icon you may have to copy the icon from the original folder, then tell your new session to use this copied icon.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:36 pm   

The character name and password are not stored in the package file(s), so this is a strictly CMUD session database issue, and it is definitely a bug. Razz
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:55 pm   

CMUD stores the passwords in the sessionkeys.db file, so Larkin is correct that it is separate from the main package file. The password is stored based upon the MUD host name and the Character name. So you can't have a different password for the same character on the same MUD. But you should be able to enter a new character name and password, so this does sound like it might be a bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: