Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jlatessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:02 pm   

Problem with Zmud window showing up where my external monitor USED to be..

Ok, so I use a laptop with a docking station and when docked, I used the external monitor as my main display. The problem I am having is that I am now undocked, and the zMud window is coming up off screen where the external monitor used to be. This is evident when I re-dock and the window shows up on the external monitor. I can move the window over to the laptop screen and undock and it stays when I undock. So whats the problem? I'm on vacation and apparently forgot to do that before leaving and now I can't use my friggen zmud without perhaps re-installing?

Does anyone know how to cure this? I loath issues with no resolution. Reinstalling isn't really a resolution.
Things I have tried.
- Right click on the tray icon and trying to move, it doesn't show up
- Making the laptop monitor the main display, it does resolve the issue.
- Generally messing about with every single graphical property.
- "fishing" offscreen for the window and trying to drag it onscreen, the cursor can not extend past the laptop border.

Anyhow,

If anyone can help me I would be very much appreciative.

Thank you
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:40 pm   

I am not sure exactly how your laptop was set up, in terms of monitor positioning so I can't suggest a sure fire solution. I would suggest trying to move the windows first. To do this you will use the keyboard instead of the mouse. Launch zMud, when the sessions window is loaded up you may beging the move.

Press ALT-SPACE. Next press M, then you will use the arrow keys to move the window. When you get it onto the screen press ENTER to set its location. You can press ESC anytime during the move to return it to where it was and try again. You may have to repeat this process with your sessions when you launch them.

Alternately, you can try renaming the zmud.ini to make zmud rebuild it. You may have to adjust some of your preferences again. If you are really savy you can try editting the file to change the position. This may not bring all your windows onto the screen, you may also have to rename your session specific .lay file to keep it from being used.
jlatessa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:28 am   resolution!

Thanks for your support sir. You are both a gentlemen and a scholar. I can't believe I've never known about the Alt+space. Come to think about it I recall perhaps using it way back in 3.1.1. Thanks for that, worked like a charm.
TiberSeptim
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 pm   

Incidentally you can also simply right-click on the icon in the task bar and choose "Move."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: