Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kwirlkarphys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:31 pm   

What does it take to use buttons effectively in a health checker script?

I have been trying off and on for some time to manage and effectively integrate the neat button feature into my healing scripts/health checkers. What problems i run into usually look minor, but outrank my coding knowledge.

I have decided that automatically creating and removing buttons 'on the go' for group members based on health is silly, so what I want to know is does someone have the coding forewithal to make an alias that checks the current members of your group, then creates a button for each member, and then perhaps another button that removes all the buttons?

further variants of this would be to find a way to color-coordinate the buttons with the current hitpoints of the group members as a percentage of the whole represented.

make sense, anyone?
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:57 pm   

My question is why you'd want to use buttons? Would these buttons be used as a shortcut to healing them by clicking it?
As for percentages, here is the percentage coding from my status bar trigger on a MUD that allows 3 chars at a time per player, and I use it to show all my opposite 2 on my active window so I can have a full screen window and ignore the other 2...

Code:
#ALIAS statupd {
  #IF (((%float( @kiln.hp) / %float( @kiln.maxhp)) * 100) < 35) {kiln.hpcolor = "bold,high,red"} {kiln.hpcolor = "bold,magenta"}
  #IF (((%float( @blackjack.hp) / %float( @blackjack.maxhp)) * 100) < 35) {blackjack.hpcolor = "bold,high,red"} {blackjack.hpcolor = "bold,magenta"}
  #STAT %ansi( bold, black)Kiln: Hp:%ansi( @kiln.hpcolor)@kiln.hp%ansi( bold, black), Ma:%ansi( bold, magenta)@kiln.ma%ansi( bold, black), Mv:%ansi( bold, magenta)@kiln.mv %ansi( bold, red)~| %ansi( bold, black)Blackjack: Hp:%ansi( @blackjack.hpcolor)@blackjack.hp%ansi( bold, black), Ma:%ansi( bold, magenta)@blackjack.ma%ansi( bold, black), Mv:%ansi( bold, magenta)@blackjack.mv
  }

This alias is called off a prompt trigger and a few others in order to force update the status bar for special situations. And to adjust the colors of course ;)
With this setup I get all my stats in magenta, and if my hps drop below 35% it changes to red.
Should be easy enough to incorporate this into a button caption. Though IMHO, you should also tie a hotkey into each button for keyboard activation for faster healing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: