Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lyrael
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:56 pm   

1.34 Crashing Problem

I have an interesting problem...

Everytime I "close" a session, the client cuts the socket to the MUD just fine, but the client (session) window stays open. If I hit "close" session again, I get the GPF-like error window pop-up that gives me the option to continue or close the application. If I try to continue, the UI stays up, but anything I attempt to click or do after that causes further errors.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? And also, can someone point me to a post or other documentation on how to do a completely clean uninstall on Windows XP? (For both CMUD and zMud?)

Thanks for any thoughts/help on this one.

Lyrael
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:26 pm   

Do you have any triggers or scripts that use the #WAIT command? That might be causing stuff to still be running in the background when you try to close the window.

To do a clean uninstall/reinstall, just delete all of the files in your CMUD directory (the Program Files/CMUD directory and the My Documents/My Games/CMUD directory, or whatever directories you choose when you installed) and then reinstall.
Lyrael
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:45 pm   

Hi,

Thanks - yes I do have some waits that I'm probably not using correctly. I'm still pretty inept when it comes to scripting. I'll try disabling those and see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks again for the response and the info on how to uninstall.

Lyrael
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: