[1.34] Duration trig types

#AL jobs {#sh %ansi(12) Jobs recently completed:
#showdb @jobsCompleted
#sh %cr
#sh %ansi(12) Jobs to be completed:
#showdb @jobstodo}

#TR {^ Jobs recently completed:$} {}
#COND {%w: (*)$} {#PCOL grey %x1} {duration|param=200}

This colours everything fine, but the duration trigger does not time out. I'll demonstrate with some output:

Quote:
Jobs recently completed:
hclearaffs: add function to clear affs of herb type when no result gained form eating.

Jobs to be completed:
mossaffs: Add them to prio-build / change names to idiocy etc
afftrigs: Class by class porting from zmud
venomaffs: venomcuring weapons and syssin. Anti-illusion with fail-safe mode for traps etc
blademsl: port over all blade messages for 'venomaffs' job
salvebal: Create all trigs needed to track salve balances

Then, I wait a few seconds to be sure the 200ms duration has gone by, and use:
#say salvebal: Create all trigs needed to track salve balances
directly into the command line, to get the following:

Quote:

Basically, the trig doesn't go back to #state 0 until it fires once AFTER the duration is up. I think this is a bug, but I couldn't find the help file on trigger types to make sure its not an intended effect. Which might also be a problem, by the way. I am positive it exists as I've viewed it before, but I couldn't find it anywhere :(. Maybe there should be a link to it from the trigger pages in scripting help, and in #TRIGGER from the Command List?

Incidentally.. hehe, like my new project management thingy >_>?
Thinjon100
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:41 am   

Wouldn't this be much simpler if you simply rebuilt the condition trigger as a normal trigger, with an id... something like:
Code:

#TR "trig_colorjobs" {%w: (*)$} {#PCOL grey %x1}

Then change your jobs alias to #T- / #T+ the trigger as necessary? Perhaps:
Code:

#AL jobs {
#sh %ansi(12) Jobs recently completed:
#T+ "trig_colorjobs"
#showdb @jobsCompleted
#sh %cr
#sh %ansi(12) Jobs to be completed:
#showdb @jobstodo
#T- "trig_colorjobs"
}

I'm not sure if you'd need a #WAIT before the last #T- but I doubt it.

As for the root issue of the duration trigger not expiring, I haven't looked into it yet to confirm... just thought I'd offer this workaround.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 pm   

I know there are workarounds; there are almost always several ways to do things. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I found the help file by the way. Its called 'Editing Triggers' and can be found at:
Feature Reference>Package Editor>Editing Triggers.
Also by searching for 'duration' or as a link from the text content of the "Getting started>Scripting>Introduction to triggers" file.

I really think the link should be from every page that talks about triggers, and perhaps as a smaller page, with just information on the trigger types and other options. Buried the way it is, a lot of people will never know they exist.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:41 pm   

Quote:
Basically, the trig doesn't go back to #state 0 until it fires once AFTER the duration is up.

Yes, this is one of the limitations of the #COND system. Conditions are only tested when a new line is received from the MUD. The Duration option is not handled like a background timer. It doesn't expire by itself...it only expires when a line is processed. You'll see this if you use a "Wait" condition as well...the condition after the wait doesn't get executed when the wait time expires...it only gets executed when a new line of text is processed after the wait time has expired.

Basically, the #COND system is a state-machine which is tested each time a line of text is received from the MUD. There is no background processing for it.
Zhiroc
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:06 pm   

I can understand that the state is not checked for the duration timeout until a line is received... but can't that check be made before that state tries to match?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: