Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:57 am   

zApp and XAML... cousins?

So I happened to pick up a copy of a Visual Studio development magazine and there was article extolling the virtues of XAML with .NET. And based on what they described you can do some pretty cool stuff. As I read though I thought that it all seemed familiar.

It reminded my distinctly of what you've done/will do with zApp and zApp forms? Is this the case? It seems even more so since you once mentioned that ex-Delphi guys are now heading up the .NET stuff. I know "The Nerd" used zApp alot, any thoughts?
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:47 pm   

Yes, they are essentially the same thing. zApp came out before XAML, but I knew all along that Microsoft was planning XAML. I still feel that the syntax in zApp is more friendly, and zApp has some richer UI components. XAML has a lot of typical "bloat" in the spec in my opinion, and then there is the .NET requirement (although that's not a big deal for Vista). I actually think it was the Mozilla/Firefox guys who first came up with a really workable XML-based user interface specification for scripting, even though it was restricted to using JavaScript. So, the idea certainly isn't new or exclusive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: