Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
scottt.m
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:30 pm   

Color Syntax: Bug or User Ignorance?

I recently decided to set up the color syntax options under ANSI Color in CMUD. Several users on my mud use it for both copying and pasting color content and when using the Editor.

None of them are using CMUD though, they are all using ZMUD. I setup all the boxes with the appropriate color codes (k|b|g|c|r|m|y|w for black|blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|white) for both the Foreground Colors and Background Colors (yes, one set of foreground lowercase, one set uppercase). I filled in the boxes for syntax for foreground colors (`F), background colors (`^B), both (`F`^B) and finally syntax for resetting (`n). I clicked the Syntax Enabled checkbox, applied and saved.

However, if I copy and paste or input color into the editor, it sends the raw text to the mud without ANY of the color codes. Is there something that I have missed or probably set incorrectly?

I have a screenshot of the setting if needed.

Thank you.
Scott
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:30 pm   

There's a checkbox on that page where you put in the color codes. Did you make sure it was checked (none of it should work if it's unchecked)?
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:39 pm   Re: Color Syntax: Bug or User Ignorance?

scottt.m wrote:

I clicked the Syntax Enabled checkbox, applied and saved.
Thinjon100
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:31 pm   

I've been as-of-yet completely unable to get Color Syntax to work in CMud... I seem to recall reading a while back that this was a known bug... haven't looked for it in a while.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:29 pm   

Yeah, color syntax isn't currently fully implemented in CMUD, sorry. It's something that I need to integrate into the editor source code, and with all of the changes with the new Scintilla editor control, I haven't gotten to the color syntax yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: