Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:50 am   

Climbing with the mapper

I'm currently using Zmud 7.21. Every time I try to climb a ladder, ie: climb ladder, the automapper loses my position. Even when I've created an exit with an "Other Command" of "climb ladder", the mapper loses my position and adjusts the mapper to show the level -1. This behavior occurs even when I use the "climb" command with no argument. Additionally, I have nothing in my settings named Climb which might be interfering with the mapper.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Danlo
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:16 pm   

Sounds like you are either missing an alias or trigger with climb in them or your map database is corrupted somewhere.

As my first test I would go to the room with the other exit in offline mode and try. If it works when you are offline then the problem is likely a trigger.

Try compacting the database...

To rule out the alias or triggers you can open the map from a blank session and try it there.

Next and assuming the above did not work I would type #move "climb ladder"

If that still does not work copy the room information somewhere. Delete the room and recreate it. Also delete the links completely and recreate them.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Edit: I did recreate your situation without any errors. Just to ease/trouble your mind that there is not anything wrong with what you are trying to do.
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:57 am   

Ah, thanks for the help, but I've figured the problem. I seem to have accidentally created a portal labelled "climb ladder" and "climb". This portal tries to teleport me to a room which doesn't exist, which ends up with me being nowhere.
Thanks again,
Danlo
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: