Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:23 am   

non-intuitive behavior and a map question

I was always wondering why #T+ turned off triggers, and #T- turned back on. Also I am wondering if anyone has a way to put the mapper into follow/creation mode in cmud, #MENU {Mapper|File|Map Creation Mode} no longer works and there is no #CMD option
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 am   

What do you mean "always wondering"? It's never before done that unless something about your package or copy of CMud was seriously borked.
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:34 am   

if you type #t+ in the command line, triggers turn off, if you type #T- in the command line, triggers turn on. I guess something has always been odd for me then? I have an additonal question/request for the mapper. Is there anyway to competely remove the queue besides doing something like #20 {#NODIR}?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 pm   

OK, I don't see how this is possible at all. The code for #T+ literally says: Trigger.Enabled := true, and #T- says Trigger.Enabled := false, so I don't see any way for this to get reversed. Here is a test that I just did:

1) Run CMUD and close the Session window
2) Enter the following into the command line:
Code:
#TRIGGER "test" {hello} {#SHOW fired}
#SHOW hello
; displays "fired"
#T+ test
#SHOW hello
; still displays "fired"
#T- test
#SHOW hello
; does not display "fired"
#T+ test
#SHOW hello
; displays "fired" again

So, I can't reproduce any problem with this (and can't imagine how it could possible get reversed). Anyway, try this test. If it works, but it doesn't work in your own character package, then post the exact commands you are using to turn your triggers on and off.

Edited: Oh, wait, I see what you are talking about. You are talking about just using #T+ and #T- without any arguments. And yes, I just reproduced this! Very weird. But I've added it to the bug list. I wonder how long it's been reversed like this? Maybe zMUD does the same thing?

To put the mapper into follow/creation mode, you can still use the #MENU command. But the #MENU command uses the exact Captions of the menu items, which have changed a bit in CMUD. If you look at the File menu in the mapper, you will see that you need the command:

#MENU {Mapper|File|Map}

Edited: I just tested this last command, and it doesn't seem to work. This appears to be a bug in the #MENU command, and I've added it to the bug list. The new #CMD command won't work with the mapper (or database module) until these modules are rewritten to work more directly with CMUD. But I should be able to get the #MENU command working in one of the next couple of versions.

For the mapper queue, it's not very well documented, but the #NODIR command takes an argument. If you use "#NODIR 1" then it will clear the entire queue. If you enter #NODIR on the command line and press F1 for the quick reference help, you'll see this argument mentioned. But it's not in the main help file. I've added this to my issue list to update the help file in the future.
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 pm   

thanks a whole lot Zugg :). And the #T+/#T- behavior is the same with zmud.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:09 pm   

Wow, ten years and nobody ever mentioned this from zMUD either (at least not that I can remember) :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: