Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moolb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:46 pm   

Mapper Questions

So far I'm loving Cmud, and the new editor is awesome. really enjoying 1.30 so far.
Something that I have been having problems with is the mapper. I've spent far to much time looking through forums trying to find answers to my specific questions, however I could not find what I was looking for.

My first question about the mapper is when I'm on a level other then zero, and I left click somewhere on the page I immediately get warped back to level 0. This is very annoying, and if I'm just trying to highlight a group of rooms, or just select an exit I often get sent back to the level 0. Is there anyway to turn off this functionality? I've looked through the configuration a lot but can't see anything that would be causing this.

Second question, is there anyway I can have the panel always out in the mapper? Right now every time I load up a map the panel is hidden and I have to do View->Hide Panel in order to show the panel. But I can never save that setting. Is there a command to lock the settings for the map in Cmud?

Last question, is there a command in cmud that will load up the mapper? I found something in Zmud that used button commands, and it got really confusing and I assumed it wouldn't even work in Cmud. Is there an easy command along the lines of #loadmap ?

Anyway, if someone can answer any question I'll be very happy,

Thanks,
moolB
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:34 pm   

I haven't seen the problem with the mapper changing levels when you click on it, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Unfortunately, the mapper was just directly ported from zMUD and won't really be rewritten to work better with CMUD until later this year.

For the mapper panel, CMUD *should* be saving your window layout when you exit so that the mapper window is properly displayed on startup. At least it seems to work fine here. Move the mouse over the mapper tab so that the window expands, and then click the icon in the window caption to turn off the Auto-Hide option.

Oh, or are you talking about the Nearby panel in the mapper itself? Yes, that is always hidden when the mapper starts. I'll see if that can be fixed in the future.

To load the mapper you can use the #CMD command:

#CMD Automapper
moolb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:37 pm   

Thanks for the answers.
psymar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:54 pm   

I can vouch for issues with the mapper - I'd really like to see some fixes with it. One problem dating back to zMud is that sometimes when I click, the mouse somehow clicks - or even drags - a room which is not only not on the same floor, but not even in the same zone. It's always the same room, unless I delete that room, in which case it switches to another.

Also, I've had trouble in cMud 1.24 (I just now updated to 1.30 so this might be fixed by now) with renaming/deleting zones -- it doesn't always rename or delete the zone I want renamed or deleted.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:58 pm   

As I mentioned, the mapper will be rewritten later this year to work better with CMUD. No mapper changes are planned until then. There is still too much other high-priority stuff needed for CMUD before the mapper changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: