Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ntr0pY
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:45 pm   

MXP is not working

Hello,

well, maybe this problem is solved with only one click, but i cant figure out, where this click should be done...

The problem is, that my mud supports mxp, i already enjoyed this feature with zMud and CMUD, but after a long period without mudding, mxp doesn't work anymore.
In CMUD Options MXP is enabled.... Shall I request help from someone in my mud, since this is a option, that can be enabled this way (which i dont believe), or is there any known issue that CMUD behaves odd sometimes.

Thanks,

Ntr0pY.

And, yes: not a native english speaker :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:12 pm   

Please post which MUD host and port you are connecting to so that I can try it. CMUD 1.30 *does* make some low-level changes to the screen display where MXP is processed, and while MXP seemed to be working fine on Materia Magica, it's possible the MUD you are using is doing something different that doesn't work in the new version.

Also, you should try to be more specific about exactly what isn't working. Is it the colors that aren't working? Or the MXP links? Or Images? Or what. Please provide more information.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:56 pm   

Nevermind...I found a post over in the CMUD Beta forum that shows a problem with MXP colors not working. It seems that most of MXP still works (hyperlinks, images, etc), but not the COLOR tag. It's added to the bug list for next week's version.
Ntr0pY
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:09 am   

Well, the problem is, that MXP seems to be disabled. In MXP Options, it is enabled, but no MXP-Elements/Entities are received from Mud. Therefore i can't tell about odd MXP behaviour, since there is none...

If you still want to try it...

mud : Final Frontier => ff.mud.de 23
it's a german mud... there is also some kind of status command, called "telnegs". This is what telnegs is telling me:

>telnegs |Just trying to translate the result...
Telnet-Modus : info | Mode of telnegs
Terminalgroesse: | Terminal Size
Aktuelle MUD-Einstellung: 152x60 | Current Mud-Configuration: 152x60
Information vom Terminal: 152x60 | Information from Terminal: 152x60
MXP-Unterstuetzung : Nein | MXP-Support: No
MSP-Unterstuetzung : Nein | MSP-Support: No
MCCP-Unterstuetzung : Ja | MCCP-Support: Yes
MCCP Version 2 aktiv. | MCCP Version 2 active.
2217 Bytes in 1191 Bytes komprimiert. (46.28% Ersparnis) | 2217 Bytes compressed to 1191 Bytes. (46.28% Savings)
TLS-Verschluesselung: Nein | TLS-Encryption: No
Letzte Lagmessung ergab: 0.018 Sekunden. | Last Lagcheck result: 0.018 Seconds.
Ok.

So, Final Frontier says, my client wouldn't support MXP, thats why i don't get links and stuff :(

Thanks for your fast response,

Ntr0pY, a glad customer Very Happy
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:17 pm   

Well, I logged into the MUD and used the guest account and then telnegs, and I got the same results that you showed. My guess is that the MUD is not handling the MXP telnet option correctly. None of this network code has changed in CMUD in a long time. Does it still work in zMUD?

In any case, I've added an item to my bug list to investigate exactly what this MUD is sending to CMUD to see if there is a problem in CMUD. But I'm not getting any problem on other MXP MUDs, so my guess is that they did something to change the MUD code recently. You might contact the MUD admins to see if they changed something that would cause this.
Ntr0pY
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:13 am   

Well, i did not receive any response from mud yet, but i figured out, that with CMUD 1.15 MXP is working correct...
So the problem is at the client side.

Ntr0pY
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:54 am   

It's not a client issue. I don't see how 1.15 can possibly work any better. I just did a packet capture of all the data sent from the ff.mud.de 23 MUD and it *never* asks if the client supports MXP. MXP is Telnet option 91, and it never asks for this option. So you need to contact the MUD about this. It sounds like they changed something.

It also never asks about the MSP option (option 90). To see the dump of raw data from the MUD, open CMUD offline and type the following:

#DEBUG test.txt test.raw

now connect to the MUD. When you exit CMUD, it will save these files. If you look at the test.raw file, you will see a human readable version of the raw data sent to and from the MUD. The MUD needs to send a:

<91>

to query the MXP status of the client, which it never does.

You can try changing the Telnet Terminal Type in the CMUD preferences from "cmud" to "zmud". It's possible they are just using the terminal type to determine whether it supports MXP rather than doing a telnet option query the way they are supposed to. The 1.15 version of CMUD still had "zmud" as the default terminal type. If they are using the terminal type to determine MXP support, then that is wrong. It looks like their normal telnet option checks are working fine...they just never test option 90 or 91.

Nothing I can do in CMUD to "fix" this, sorry.
Ntr0pY
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:50 pm   

Ok, i will try this. Admins are informed, maybe someone will fix it :)

Thanks for your support, and sorry for bugging,

Ntr0pY
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: