Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Trajet
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:02 am   

zMUD to cMUD

I've used zMUD for a long time, but now that I've updated to Vista Home Basic, it no longer works on my computer. I've decided I'll have to get cMUD. How can I put my old settings from zMUD into cMUD? I'm talking about stuff life "startup.ini", "zmud.ini", and "settings.dok".
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:10 am   

See the help file topic called Changes in CMUD for zMUD users for details. When you first run CMUD, it will ask you if you want to transfer your sessions and characters from zMUD. Click Yes and answer the wizard prompts to locate zMUD and it will transfer all of the files. CMUD will attempt to convert those files from zMUD to CMUD. The help topic that I mentioned will help you determine what needs to be changed in your scripts. There is also a Compatibility Report that will run on your converted files when you first load a character that will help track down changes that need to be made.

CMUD is a different program from zMUD...it's not just an upgrade. CMUD doesn't use the "startup.ini" or "zmud.ini" or "settings.dok" files. It has it's own files, so you might need to adjust some preferences manually.
Trajet
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:18 am   

I used the import option located in the File menu and it does import my sessions, but none of my settings are there. My Aliases, Triggers, Variables, I can't seem to find them. I've read the help files, maybe I should have said that in my first post, so any help that can be given would be highly welcomed.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to do some searching through it and I located my stuff. Now, to just make it work.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:12 am   

There're also plenty of people with Vista who're happy to help you get zMUD running on it. There are a few threads about common problems in the zMUD forum already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: