Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moxiegraphix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:08 am   

Problems I am having with CMud

I am using a clean install of Cmud, with no kinds of triggers/downloads/addons/etc. etc.

I'm running a windows XP machine
intel duo core 1.8ghz processor
2GB ram.

The problem I am running into is two-fold. First, there are several rooms when I enter, I only get the room name, no exits, none of the exists in the room, not even the description. The second is my characters inventory does not show up when I do an inventory or even try looking at my character physically or in one of the in game mirrors. I've had other people using CMud stand in the same room and see everything just fine. Any help?
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:46 am   

Some MUDs will require lots of tweaking of the mapper, through scripts and/or the mapper configuration, before they will recognize room details correctly. Maybe yours is one of them?

If you have no triggers and text from the game is still being gagged, the only thing I can think of is that the lines contain your password in them somewhere. I've heard of people who used a very simple password (i.e., a single, common word) and had this sort of problem because the client automatically gags your password for you, for obvious security reasons.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:16 pm   

Barring that, it might be a funky control-code issue--but getting that fixed is probably an issue for your MUD administrators rather than Zugg.

You can check this by going to Session Preferences and unchecking the Emulate Control Codes option. This will make CMud stop processing any MXP, MCP, MCCP, MSP, and other control codes your game might be sending that if not sent properly might result in invisible/gagged text. Of course, doing this on a game that requires control-code interaction for login purposes (ie, Simutronics games do this) will probably mean you need to do all that manually.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:37 pm   

Thanks guys, I'll check into both of those possibilities and see what's up. I get the FEELING it's because of the password issue. The password was automatically issued by the game and there's no easy way to change it. In fact, the more I think of it, the more I KNOW it's because my password word is getting gagged. Thanks!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:08 pm   

You can also turn off the "Do not display password text" option in the CMUD Preferences.

Although if the MUD is forcing you to use such a simple password that is a common text word, then I'd really complain to the MUD about that. I've never heard of a MUD that doesn't let you set your own password, and having a password that is a common word makes it really easy for someone to break into your MUD account and screw up your character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: