Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Merilus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:29 am   

Create a Window and Store Data

Ok, I want to make a couple windows. I want the windows to be like those already in cMUD. The ones on the right side of the screen that you can put your mouse over and they expand. One of these I want to store any message after [CLAN] and [FORM] so that I don't miss anything that's said while being spammed. The other one I want to store character and equipment data but if I can be shown how to do the first I can figure the second out.

Is there any way to do this? When new [CLAN] and [FORM] messages are sent I don't want the previous ones to be deleted I just want it to scroll on.

Thank You,
-Merilus
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:57 am   

The CLAN and FORM thing is easy. Create your new window(s) and put them on the side you want them auto-hide onto. Then at the top of the window, click the pushpin icon and they'll start hiding.

Now to get the messages into the window - give them the No Network Connection option. Then create triggers in your main session window that use the #cap command to send the text to the relevant window (and perhaps the #gag command to remove it from the main window). For example:

#trig {~[CLAN~] %w says ~"} {#cap clan;#gag}

Text that's sent by the #cap command will be treated just like it came from the MUD - triggers in the CLAN window will affect it, and it'll stay in the scroll buffer. Colours are preserved too. You can even use the #log command to log what appears in the CLAN window separately.

You could even add a timestamp using the %time function if you wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: