Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:40 pm   

a question about my buggy alias

Ok, i realize this is a probally a very simple question, but the problem i'm having is with a simple alias that works fine on zMud
I alias (aa) for <backstab>, so therefore i could enter "aa Zugg" and it would backstab zugg, however on cMud when i enter the same alias
I enter "aa Zugg' and i get "backstab what"? i have that problem with a few of my aliases.

here is the compiled code for the aa alias

0000 LINE 0 ; backstab
0012 ALIAS backstab (-1) <?> (class Kingsrook)

any suggestions? keep in mind i'm not a coder so answers in english would be appeciated
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:02 pm   

Code:
#alias aa backstab %0

Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:09 pm   

Though you'll need to enclose the command in braces for it to work properly (#alias aa {backstab %0}), and %-1 is prescribed rather than %0, though both should work. %-1 and %0 contain everything you type after the alias.

There's also an "auto append" option in the settings editor that'll duplicate the zMUD behaviour where anything you type after the alias is automatically added to the end of the script.

You might find it useful to read the "Changes for zMUD users" section of the help - even if you don't understand what all of them are for, or don't need to know all of them, some of the commonly-encountered changes like this one are useful to know.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm   

hooyah, thanks guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: