Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Locane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:21 pm   

Cmud Map Error / Configuring

Ok I've managed to undock the mapper without crashing my client, so now if anyone has suggestions on how to proceed from where I'm at, I'd appreciate them.

When I run autoconfig, it sees things that aren't there in the mud as shown here:

(If you're using firefox, be sure to click on the image as it's just a little shrunken on my screen. It will zoom in for you)

Screenshot of the error without my markings to highlight what's wrong

Screenshot of the error with my markings to highlight what's wrong

The yellow in the marked version indicates the double exits the mapping configuration is seeing, and the red indicates that it seems to think my prompt is part of the long description?

I wish I could just tell it to recognize a block of text in a specific format. The look function on my mud is consistent from the short name of the room to the exits listed, save for the fact that anything in the room is listed in between the end of the long desc and the exits. If I could get it to recognize the format:

A fiery rock <Short Description>
You are standing in the midst of a sea of magma! Your sole rock spontaneously <Long Description>
catches on fire in places, but they are mostly inconsequential. All around you
heat waves distort your vision and smoke stings your nostrils.

A magma wyrm is here. <Mob in the room>
A candle lays on the ground. <Object on the ground>
[Exits: north south southwest east] <Exits>

If the mapper could recognize the short sentence at the top, followed by a paragraph and then eventual exit listings, it would pick up all the rooms I walked through.

Does anyone have a similar mud, or has anyone seen it work with something like this?

--Locane
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:37 pm   

The prompt isn't being detected as part of the description unless saving as a jpg has corrupted the colours. The prompt is in a sort of tealy cyan colour, whereas the description is in green. The mapper actually detects your prompt as one of the things it looks for, and the fact that it's detected it is a good thing.

The exit problem probably won't be an issue since by the time the mapper sees it, it's already seen and detected everything it needs to of the room. It only really matters if it starts screwing up room detection and you start getting multiple rooms or something.

Also, there's a "Room description changes" option in the preferences somewhere that you can set to avoid problems with items in the room.

If none of these fixes up the mapper just right, your alternative is the #tag command. If you create some triggers to #tag the parts of the room description properly and then configure the mapper, it should know which bits are what. The problem with this is that your room names especially are very generic - if you can, turn on ANSI colour and give them a colour of their own that nothing else uses and use the line colour or ANSI trigger options to correctly #tag lines of that colour as room names.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: