Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:31 pm   

[1.26] Timer Issue

I've been having an issue with #TI in one of my scripts. When the script finishes what it's doing, it sets the timer for a specific amount of time (in this case, 160 seconds), and then enables it. Eventually, after a few runs or so, the #TI command in effect stops working. I get the messages from CMUD that the timer has been set for 160 seconds, and that it has been enabled, but it doesn't turn on (I don't see it counting down next to my session time at the bottom of the window), nor does it execute the code I told it to execute when 160 seconds has been reached. Once this starts happening, I can't even get a manual #TI command to start the timer ticking. Am I doing something wrong?

I recreated this behavior on my client with a new project and 2 aliases, but I'm wondering precisely how reproduceable this is, as CMUD doesn't always do this even for me (not right away at least). You can see a screenshot of this behavior in a test session I created here. I opened the window for the tick timer (while the time was supposed to be on and ticking away), and you can see that the parameters had been set correctly, and it is even turned on (the left button is in the stop state), but the actual timer value is just sitting at 999.

This is quite confusing.

/edit:
Added the version number to the title, I apologize for not having this originally.

Last edited by Aleron on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Fergal1982
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:42 am   

i've had the same issue happen to me. I used the tick timer window to set my values, and started it, but it wouldnt count down. restarting CMUD resolved this issue on this occassion.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:20 pm   

I don't know anything about this tick timer problem other than that a few people have experienced it; a workaround for now would be to use the #alarm command and the %alarm function.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Alcander
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:49 pm   

I've experienced similar problems with the tick timer. I've changed my approach and started to use the #ALARM and %alarm as Fang suggested. Works just as well, perhaps better, but still the tick timer should work as expected.
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 pm   

Is there any way to programmatically turn an alarm off? I tried just setting the time to zero on the alarm ID after it was created, but that didn't work..
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:50 pm   

Yep, give it an ID and use the #T- command. If you need to specify a type, it's a trigger.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:47 pm   

I'd like to figure out how to solve this problem, but I can't reproduce it. Aleron: can you send me the *.PKG file from the test that you showed in your screenshot so that I can try it here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: