Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ohtar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:26 pm   

Manually converting Zmud settings to Cmud.

Hello,

Is there a way to print out a hard copy of existing Zmud settings so I can manually enter them in Cmud?

I think I can learn more about Cmud if I enter things manually, learning and converting as I go.

Once again thanks for any help.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:39 pm   

In Zmud open your settings editor Highlight the stuff you want to put into Cmud, click file, click export to text, follow the prompts. There are other ways but that is the way I do it. Then you open the text file and you print it out as normal.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:08 pm   

Since you are doing it manually, you may want to take the time to properly format the text file to be human-readable. In ZMud, all your settings in the settings file are printed on one line when you export, and it can be exceptionally hard to make heads or tails of it if you are a dedicated scripter (that is, you have lots of scripts in your settings files).
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:01 am   

I did it by hand because I got sick of having to start over when my settings kept getting corrupted, finally got something that 'worked', exported it in every way possible, and then when I went to install the new versions of Cmud after a semester long break, I found that reimporting the XML didnt work, and that trying to load the copies of the packages just made things crash even more, or the settings didnt actually have any affect on the new character. (Despite copying them, moving them, or in some other fashion attaching the module to the window).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: