Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
apfinger
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:00 am   

long alias crashes the computer

I had some aliases leftover from a v6.16 file into the 7.21 version. When I try to run these aliases (they are directions), I move one square, then the computer freezes. After rebooting I log back into that one square, so zMud never actually sent the rest of the directions to the MUD. It seems to happen with longer directions. Example(I use the interface much much more than the command line):

Alias name: dirHellFiend
Alias Value:
.7w2s2esese2se5n
open gate n
n
close gate s
.2nd4n2d3swnw3sds2wsw
open rock s
s
close rock n
.s2e
open rock s
s
close rock n
.2enwne
.esw2s

This alias worked several years ago using zMud 6.xx and my computer has only gotten better since then. Has anybody else experienced this with version 7? It's not limited to this one alias - other long alias values crash my system as well. I'm reluctant to test further because...well...I have to reboot every time I do this!
niav

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:14 pm   

The same thing happens to me, it doesn't crash my computer but it crashes Zmud, it's got something to do with Windows Xp, I could send like 1 trillion lines when I had Windows 98 and it would never freeze.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:16 am   

This problem has generally been found to be related to bad drivers for ethernet cards. Check for updated drivers directly from the card manufacturer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: