Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:26 pm   

[1.20] #KILLALL too aggressive?

I tried using #KILLALL as a shortcut to starting over in my script testing. Well, the settings were killed, right along with the untitled module they were all in. Creating new settings, they will work just fine (i.e., triggers fire, aliases execute), but they are not shown in the Package Editor, and I can't find a way to make them appear.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm   

Confirmed - the treeview stays blank no matter what you do. Windows seem to survive the cull, though, which I assume is deliberate. Nevertheless, couldn't there be a way of deleting everything, modules, windows and all, and then creating a new main session window with all the default options? That seems more like what #killall is supposed to do.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 pm   

It seems to me that the main window, at the very least, should be protected from deletion. It's not actually deleted (I don't think) because the session doesn't close or crash, right?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:50 pm   

Yeah, the window you're currently using (which seems to be the one that CMUD considers the main one - I've reported that in another thread) doesn't get deleted. Surely it should, though, because to me #killall implies resetting EVERYTHING to defaults, including any jiggery pokery you've done with the options of that window.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm   

The proper way to start over is to close the current session window (either File/Close Session, or click the X button for the session window). This will remove all of your packages and recreate the default Untitled window.

There *is* a bug with #KILLALL which is deleting too much stuff. It's really only supposed to delete the settings within your current package (except for the main session window). And that's on the bug list, but might not be fixed before the public release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: