Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
HollyC
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:19 pm   

Auto-login problems

Every time I logged into my character in Achaea, zMud would bug me and bug me and bug me about creating an autologin for the character. Finally just to shut it the heck up I clicked yes.

Now every time I try to log in, as a trigger response to "Connected to achaea.com," it sends a command of the number 3, which instructs it to QUIT Achaea and as a result I am absolutely absolutely ***ABSOLUTELY*** barred from even logging in as I get thrown right out the instant the words, "Connected to achaea.com" appears.

What's worse, to save my life I absolutely cannot find where this autologin script is stored, and thus delete or otherwise remove it.

How do I get rid of this autologin so that I can well... log in? I've since noticed the "Do not ask again" button that will shut off further pushy bugs to create a script in the first place... I just need to delete the CURRENT autologin so I stop getting thrown OFF.

Thanks,

Holly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:11 pm   

Open up the settings editor, and navigate to the Autolog class. The triggers are in there. Either delete them and start over (I believe you'll also need to remove the accountname and password from the Character Properties as well) or edit them to more properly match the login lines.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:49 pm   Didn't work

The triggers were not in the Autolog class. I deleted whatever triggers were in there, and unchecked the box "use this character name and password to log in" in the characters window. zMud still absolutely absolutely ***ABSOLUTELY*** forces the command, the number 3, into the parser on receiving, "Connected to achaea.com" and I am immediately thrown offline. Disabling the parser and disabling triggers does not help.

Holly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:59 pm   Found the problem

I had to change the value of the ATCONNECT alias in the System folder. The value was set to 3. I changed it to 1, which in Achaea was "Enter Character Name."

Holly
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: