Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gael
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:22 pm   

Tab or spaces for tab key in command line?

Problem: When I hit the tab key, nothing happens. (not related to tab-completion)

This may be a total newb question, but I haven't been able to find a way to add a Tab character, or better yet 4 (or whatever) spaces/tab in the command line when I hit the tab key on the keyboard. I'd like to be able to do this both at the beginning of the command line, and at the end or in the middle of text. Is this even possible?

I know there's a tab-completion feature (which I haven't used) that might be interfering here....but that's as much as I've been able to discover. I even tried hitting the tab key harder...to no avail! Wink

Thanks in advance.
~Gael~
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:27 pm   

Nope, sorry, there is no way to do that. The tab completion interfers with it. If you are trying to program or do building or coding where you need the spaces, try opening the Editor (in the Window/Editor menu, or press Ctrl-Shift-Enter) and try that. There isn't any tab completion in the editor.

On the command line you can use %char(6) to send a tab character to the MUD, but most MUDs strip control characters from the command line.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:16 pm   

TAB actually correlates to %char(9). I also can't think of anyway to completely disable tab completion. The only thing I might suggest to make it easier is to use the Send Line delay preference, build your text in external text editor such as notepad, and then use the #SEND command to transmit it.
Gael
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 pm   

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do 90% of my coding in UltraEdit, but it is useful to do some minor changes and debugging online. Hopefully I can get used to using the Editor. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: